We all agree that pregnancy is a wonderful and exciting time in a family’s life! And yet, at times, it can also be unsettling and stressful for the future mum. This is normal – you are dealing not only with your own emotional rollercoaster and physical metamorphosis, but also with the feelings of those around you, practicalities at work and an array of do’s and don’ts that make this a particularly challenging time with a myriad of physical and emotional transitions!
Massage during pregnancy is part and parcel of your emotional and physical wellbeing routine. It is a safe, effective way to:
• Induce relaxation, reduce stress and anxiety
• Relieve muscle aches, in particular in the lower back, neck, hips, & legs
• Increase local blood flow and lymph circulation, reduce swelling
• Reduce stress on weight-bearing joints
• Enhance the pliability of skin and underlying tissues
• Receive emotional & physical support
Post-partum massage is tailored to help restore your body to its pre-partum condition. It addresses the stress of carrying and caring for a newborn. It can help speed recovery by bringing relief of sore muscles and help you to relax more easily.
There are special considerations for the therapist treating expectant and post-partum patients, but the rewards are huge for the mum to be and new mum! This is what makes pregnancy massage such a satisfying and fulfilling treatment to give and to receive!
Your Pregnancy and Post-Partum Massage therapists at The Lab are: